Valentine’s Day is only days away and we’ve got a hankering for pink, sparkles and hearts. The heart-filled day is known mostly for roses, chocolate, and romantic dates. But in our classrooms Valentine’s Day is about showing appreciation for everyone we care about. Here are a few ideas to get students seeing through heart-shaped glasses (literally! We have a craft for that!).
- Valentine’s Day Boxes – Before you begin crafting and writing cards, start with a fun decorative exercise! Decorate boxes for students to collect the cards they receive from their friends. With all these imaginative options, every box has its
- Heart Stamps – This DIY heart stamp tutorial is as easy as it gets, all you need is a toilet paper roll and tape!
- Heart-Shaped Glasses – See the world through the eyes of love! Decorate these fun glasses and then take goofy pictures wearing them with your friends!
- Musical Hearts – Need a fun activity for a Valentine’s Day Class Party? Try this heartfelt twist on the classic – it’s musical hearts.
- Blow-a-Kiss Photobooth – Set up a fun Valentine’s Photobooth. Make hearts and XO’s from craft paper and have students pose as if they’re blowing kisses!
- Fizzing Hearts – Who says love isn’t scientific? Try this fizzy and fun experiment in the classroom.
- Crayon Hearts – Try Martha Stewart’s Crayon Heart tutorial for a quick, easy and fun decorative piece for the classroom window.
- Tissue Paper Heart – Large, small, purple, or green – what colour and size is your tissue paper heart craft?
What do you have planned for your class for Valentine’s Day? Share your craft, decoration or gift idea with us on twitter or facebook!