Valentine’s Day is only days away and we’ve got a hankering for pink, sparkles and hearts. The heart-filled day is known mostly for roses, chocolate, and romantic dates. But in our classrooms Valentine’s Day is about showing appreciation for everyone we care about. Here are a few ideas to get students seeing through heart-shaped glasses (literally! We have a craft for that!).
- Valentine’s Day Boxes – Before you begin crafting and writing cards, start with a fun decorative exercise! Decorate boxes for students to collect the cards they receive from their friends. With all these imaginative options, every box has its
- Heart Stamps – This DIY heart stamp tutorial is as easy as it gets, all you need is a toilet paper roll and tape!
- Heart-Shaped Glasses – See the world through the eyes of love! Decorate these fun glasses and then take goofy pictures wearing them with your friends!
- Musical Hearts – Need a fun activity for a Valentine’s Day Class Party? Try this heartfelt twist on the classic – it’s musical hearts.
- Blow-a-Kiss Photobooth – Set up a fun Valentine’s Photobooth. Make hearts and XO’s from craft paper and have students pose as if they’re blowing kisses!
- Fizzing Hearts – Who says love isn’t scientific? Try this fizzy and fun experiment in the classroom.
- Crayon Hearts – Try Martha Stewart’s Crayon Heart tutorial for a quick, easy and fun decorative piece for the classroom window.
- Tissue Paper Heart – Large, small, purple, or green – what colour and size is your tissue paper heart craft?