How to Apply
Applying for insurance is quick and easy.
Before starting your application, you will need to know the following:
- The amount of coverage you require. For Individual Online Term Life Insurance, use our Needs Analysis Calculator to find out how much coverage you need. For Renewable or PermaTerm Insurance, contact us. We’re happy to help.
- Information about your medical history, including
- Family medical history
- Chronic medical conditions
- Current or past treatments
- Information about your current lifestyle
- Examples of questions asked: Do you smoke? Are you a skydiver?
- Contact and payment information
What Happens After You Apply
For most of our policies, you will be contacted within one business day of your application being received. At that time, you may be asked to take a medical examination or provide a fluid sample. If approved, most people have insurance policies in force in less than a month. However, it can take longer for people with more complicated medical histories.
Did You Apply for Online Individual Term Insurance?
If you apply for Online Individual Term Insurance, assessment happens almost during application. So, you’ll know immediately if you have been approved. Insurance could be in force within 24 hours
Once You’re Approved
Here’s what will happen next:
- You’ll receive your formal policy documents by mail or email.
- You’ll gain access to our secure Members Site, where you can find
- policy information
- Change of Beneficiary forms
Relax & Enjoy Your Member benefits
- Complimentary access to the Teachers Life Virtual Wellness Program (powered by Virgin Pulse)
- An annual $50 Healthy Living rebate to go towards membership fees, whether that’s a gym, yoga classes or an app like MyFitnessPal, Calm, etc.*
Scholarships and Bursaries for Children and Grandchildren
- Members and their families can apply for scholarships and bursaries. Since their inception, these awards have invested more than $450,000 in the postsecondary education of our children.
- Teachers Life and nowly Members have a say.