Peace of Mind Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Peace of Mind (“Contest”) is open only to residents of the Provinces of Canada, with the exception those who reside in Quebec, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of Contest entry. Employees of the Sponsor (as hereinafter defined), its advertising agencies and prize suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Teachers Life Insurance Society (Fraternal), 50 Burnhamthorpe Road West, Suite 703, Mississauga, ON L5B 3C2(“Sponsor”).
3. Contest Period: The Contest begins on Monday, November 16 at 11 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET“) and ends on Friday, December 18, at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Contest Period“). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
4. How to Enter: Complete and submit the online Contest entry form in its entirety, including your name, e-mail address, phone number, and a valid home address in order to receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Each person may enter one (1) time during the Contest Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to provide proof in a form acceptable to the Sponsor of being the authorized account holder.
5. Random Drawing: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. A random drawing from among all eligible entries received in the Contest will be conducted by the Sponsor at approximately 10 a.m. Monday, December 21, 2020. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential Contest winner will be notified by email after the date of the random drawing. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return a Declaration and Release form, which must be received by the Sponsor within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize.
Potential winners will be required to correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill testing question in order to be eligible to receive a prize. If a potential winner of any prize declines the prize, cannot be contacted, or the potential winner fails to sign and return the Declaration and Release form within the required time period (if applicable), fails to correctly answer the mathematical skill testing question, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Prizes will be sent only to confirmed winners.
If a potential winner of any prize declines the prize, cannot be contacted, or the potential winner fails to sign and return the Declaration and Release form within the required time period (if applicable), or the prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Prizes will be sent only to confirmed winner.
6. All potential WINNERS are subject to verification by Sponsor whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. An entrant is not a winner of any prize, unless and until entrant’s eligibility, AND the potential contest winner have been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process.
7. Contest Prize: Seven(7) prizes are available to be won, consisting of: First prize: One (1) $2500 visa gift card ; Second prizes: Two (2) $1,000 visa gift cards; Third prizes: Four (4) $250 visa gift cards. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person. All prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Each confirmed winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
8. Release: By receipt of any prize, the winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes the winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of such winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and province for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further notice, payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts of the Province of Ontario at Toronto; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event legal fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws applicable therein without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Ontario.