Bilingual Member Experience Representative
nowly is a new way of thinking about insurance. Instant coverage now. Living healthy now. Giving back now. That’s living nowly. We provide Canadians affordable and instant insurance and healthy living benefits on an innovative and streamlined digital platform. Nowly is a division of Teachers Life Insurance, a Canadian Insurance company. Teachers Life is an established 80+ year Canadian life, disability, and sickness insurer, and is one of the largest insurance companies for education workers in Canada. We are federally licensed and regulated and have won awards for digital innovation. Teachers Life owns and operates nowly, which is our new, purpose-driven, digital-first brand for all Canadians. As a result of growing and reinventing our business, Teachers Life/nowly is evolving in a high-performance culture with newly, co-created employee values that will allow us to deliver market leading products and servicing to customers. These new values include innovation, impact, fun, communication, collaboration, accountability, and a helping build a better world.
Teachers Life/nowly is seeking an Bilingual Member Experience Representative to support driving new and innovative solutions. Who is our ideal candidate? You have experience in underwriting administration with a strong overall understanding of life and health insurance. You have excellent communication and organizational skills and can comfortably handle multiple priorities. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and actively look for ways to streamline processes and procedures.
Are you passionate about the future of Life Insurance? Do you want to be part of a mature organization that is growing and reinventing its business? Do you want to be part of a culture that recognizes and rewards success?
If “yes”, Teachers Life/nowly is the right place to be! Could this be your next great opportunity?
Flexible Work Options Available:
- Be the first point of contact to service Member calls and digital channel inquiries; handle a variety of inquiries, which includes documenting and resolving any escalated issues
- Develop a deep understanding of our products to provide accurate and timely support; provide sound judgement and ensure that information is relayed accurately and in a positive and courteous way
- Process policy changes within the administration system including cancellations, maturities (i.e., plan closures), status changes (i.e., paid up policies), lapses, face amount changes, rider benefit
cancellations, endowments, and provision of documents as required
- Process Member Benefits including generating rebates, creating scholarship records and processing payments in the admin system
- Generate Member letters (i.e., missed payment, lapse or termination, advance notices, maturity
letters); beneficiary confirmations, and issue LTD policy coverage letters as required
- Process revisions to LTD policies; liaise with the school board as appropriate
- Calculate and submit Fraternal Benefits in the internal expense approval system monthly
- Provide Member support/troubleshooting i.e., registration, login, self-service functions in online
Portals such as TL, nowly, nowly Workspace or the Scholarship Awards Platform
- Maintain productivity standards, service levels, and a high degree of Member satisfaction
- Identify ways to streamline processes and work more effectively across our team to better serve our members
- Work collaboratively with peers by sharing information and communicating in an open, honest, and professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- University or college degree/diploma in a relevant field of study
- Bilingual in English and in French (verbal and written)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a customer service role within financial services; life and disability insurance experience strongly preferred (Bonus: traditional Whole Life or Annuity experience)
SKILLS & CORE COMPETENCIES
- Strong customer focus and service orientation
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work effectively in a high-volume environment and maintain all service standards
- Able to multi-task and coordinate own work to deliver on several items in parallel
- Tech savvy with the ability to learn new software
- Strong Excel and Word skills
- Able to complete work independently and collaborate within a team environment
- Willing to seek new knowledge and tasks, question current processes, and suggest improvements
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong alignment with our organizational mission, vision, and core values
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like your next great opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to Becky Mask, Director, People and Culture, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Consideration of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their time in applying, however we will only contact those selected for further consideration. If you are not selected for this opportunity, we will retain your application for future consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.